Pages

Tuesday 10 June 2014

40\\ dip dye


After numbers of sleepless nights camping in college, the endless reading of journal articles, I am finally done with all 4 of my assignments. Now, I have less than a month left until my final exam. fml. Time goes by so fast I am not too sure if I am ready for my final. sigh. 

Recently, I'd finally dyed my hair in the saloon, for the first time. I didn't really bother much about my hair. Normally I will just have them dyed once a year with Liese bubble before Chinese New Year or before Christmas, which makes it, twice a year. This time, I picked a brown which comes with a mix of green color. It comes out exactly what I wanted but the bottom part appeared to be in different shade because of the Liese bubble hair dye I used months ago.

I've always wanted to try dip dye to be honest. Whenever this thought cross over my mind, I regret cutting my hair short because duh, it takes so freaking long to grown em' back! Whenever I see people with striking dip dye or ombré hair, I feel like screaming and I am so mad at myself cutting it! Since my hair is longer now (it is slightly longer than the medium length hair now), I did some research and decided to add some new color to my hair. 

It wasn't a spontaneous decision. I have been thinking, I am doing my 2nd year of degree now soon to be going to UK for my final year, I want to do something I might not be able to do when I am graduated such as, having 'fun' with my hair color. Hence, I made the decision to do the dip dye I wanted.

I went to stay overnight to complete my assignment right after I did my dip dye so mama kong did not see my hair color immediately. When I was home the second day, I tried to tie em' into a bun hoping that it will be less obvious so I wont be getting so much of nagging. Mama kong kept quiet that night but she told me that she does not like my hair color days after that. She constantly asked if I regretted my decision but my answers were always no. 

This is the outcome:



I am definitely in love with my new hair color. It took me so long to decide what color to dye and of course I did a lot of research, asking everyone else's opinion. Red seemed to be too common and blue is too daring. The reason mama kong doesn't like my hair color is because why would a girl my age dyes her hair grey like an old lady, she just doesn't get it. 

"I think purple is better than this grey you are having now." she said.

Well, don't be surprise when you see me in purple hair next time. I am just trying to fulfill mama kong's wishes. 

xx, Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment