Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2013

16\\ Nickname

Fact about me: I love giving people nicknames, a decent one. 

Like how I'd call Jo Loo Loo or rather how I love my friends calling my sister Jie Lui and my mum Mummy Kong. Not only because it is cute, I personally think that by calling each other's nicknames drawn the relationship closer. No? If you are not close enough with someone, how would you dare to give her a name no one else would use except for  you or your gang of friends?

Same goes to me. As much as I like my name Shanny, I like how Hang and the gang call me Shan and when Doreen calls me Lei Shannie *mandarin accent* I think it reflects my personality. Different names tell different me in different people eyes, how I'd act and how I'd speak.

I dont like people calling me name like how they would call anybody else. You can call me my name, or just hey me. Dont call me babe or baby, I dont like that. I am special that way.

Anyway in short, nicknames are unavoidable if you are my close friend. I really think that it is cute and important, at least for me. Please bear in mind that if you are my friends, giving you nickname is one of the way to show that I am comfortable being with you. Vice versa, if you are going to give me one, please dont call me something that you'd call anybody else, that is not cool for me.

Do you have a nickname?
xx, shan

1 comment: