Pages

Sunday 22 February 2015

68\\ gong hei fatt choi

It's the fourth day of Chinese New Year, and just the same as Shan, I'm having classes too, even worse rushing coursework that's gonna due on Tuesday. You probably won't even know it's CNY without anyone telling you. Not a single hint of the CNY atmosphere here, and it's real sad. I guess mom has her car playing CNY songs right after Christmas already, and I miss it, though I was pretty annoyed by it. Btw, it's Loo Mama's birthday today! Happy birthday may may, much love from UK.heart emotico

Everyone was having reunion dinner on the 18th, le elder brother even sent me photos of every dish my mom cooked for the dinner. He thought it was funny or sweet, I understand that cause I might be doing the same shit if I were him, but... I literally cried, too emotional plus serious homesick shit. And so I stayed in my room crying until I fell asleep (I know right, dramatic sia) and woke up by the trios for simple dinner that night. 

On the first day of CNY (basically, there's no difference here, but we/I want it to be special!), woke up early to do groceries shopping for our reunion dinner, and we had been working nonstop since then. Gathered at my flat to cook, and whilst preparing for the dinner, I made kimchi jjigae for ourselves and it was shoooo damn good! Recipes will be up next. ;)

For dinner we have sweet and sour fish, brocolli mushroom and scallop, the heavenly siew yok, soy sauce shrimps and a whole chicken. Ohhh, and really heart warming cabbage soup. Literally 大鱼大肉 man.... And we are proud of our outcomes. *insert lansi face* But most of all, thanks to our Chef Alex, and assistants chef junior Jeff, Desmond and yours truly. High infinity high fives to the trios for being so awesome. Yay!



And things went back to normal, I need to get back to my work right now. Siew yok was good, but I really miss bak gwa, pineapple tarts, chrysanthemum tea and of course angpaos! Ohh, and have I ever mentioned? I made a few pretty girl friends here. Finally not the only girl hanging out with the guys, so happy I cry! (Maymay, don't worry, I'm not alone. Hahah)



Once again, Gong Hei Fatt Choi. 恭喜发财
With love, from UK.

x, jo

No comments:

Post a Comment