Pages

Monday 4 July 2016

88\\ my hair dye adventures

When I was younger, my mom would bring me to the family saloon and I'll leave the place with mushroom haircut. I hated it. Towards the end of my primary school time, I told my mom I want to be like a girl, I want to keep my hair long. I have always had loved me in long hair and had my hair cut short only twice for the past 12 years and regretted them immediately. 

I remember when I was 13/14, my mom was utterly unsatisfied with my unkempt hair because I always leave my hair wet after shower. I simply slung a towel over my shoulder and walk around the house in damp hair. She brought me to the saloon out of annoyance and told the hairdresser to cut my hair short. I was crying the whole time at the saloon and the kindhearted hairdresser couldn't stand watching me crying like it's the end of the world, she trimmed my hair to make it more manageable instead of following my mom's order. Still, I remember I cried the 1st time I wash my hair after the haircut because they're no longer the length it used to be.

2 years back, before I leave to UK, I dip dyed my hair grey because I thought, if not now, when? I'd never go for a haircut/trim when I was in UK because the prices for haircut is fairly expensive, which makes my damaged bleached hair even more rusty. You'd see me sitting in the kitchen, go through my hair and bite off all the split ends while talking to them. That's a bad habit I know. New year's eve of the same year, I chopped them, all by myself. Say bye bye to dead, splitting ends.

Just when I thought I wont be bleaching my hair ever again after going through all these hassles of cutting my hair and waiting for them to grow long, I can't believe I did it again. Number76 hair saloon came out with the monthly promotion where the new members are entitled to 25% off the total bill. Being an adventurer myself, I made a booking with Lucas at Publika branch and showed him the color I wanted to have on my hair and let him work his magic.



Outcome taken by Lucas, loved it.
Bleached the bottom of my hair for the violet color and darker shade on my root so it wont be too awkward when my root grows. It cost me around RM370 after 25% off.
I didn't like them merely because Number76 is famous but also their superb service. Lucas found out that the color was not showing at the top part of my dip dye after the whole process. He asked if I got time for him to redye them or I can always go back the next day just so he could fix it for me. I like how he pointed it out and fix it for me right away instead of telling me that it wasn't his problem my hair didn't take on the color. Or worse, he might not even tell me about it and let me find out myself few days later thinking, oh I bleached my hair so I should expect the color to fade in few washes. 


Photo taken a month later. Notice how the color of the top part faded into the brownish blonde?
It aches me to see the purple color water on my toilet tiles whenever I wash my hair. So I'd always make sure to rinse my hair with cold water. 

This was after 3 months. frizzy, dry, tangled end.

Eventually, I got tired of having to maintain such a long hair. Especially when they are no longer manageable. Showers took forever, took them even longer to dry before I go to sleep. Hairs everywhere be it in the bedroom, living room or the kitchen. I didn't like spending so much time  maintaining them. This time, I made my appointment with Calvin from Bangsar branch and told him I want my hair short. While cutting my hair, Calvin asked if I would miss my long hair. Looking at my hair on the floor, I told him no. It has been so long since I had my hair short, I'm more concerned about how I'd look like.

It has been so long since I last cut my hair short. I thought I'd leave the saloon in medium cut but no, Calvin didn't stop at the shoulder length. I was anxious, constantly turning to my side to look at Jo who's having her haircut at the same time to observe her reaction. If she freaked out, I know I would regret my decision. Every time Calvin made it shorter, I'd turn to Jo and she kept assuring me that I look good.


From waist to chin. lighter shade cost me Rm214 with 25% off
I go back to Number76 again for their promotion, where the new member (Jo) visits with a current member (me) and both will be able to enjoy 25% off our bills.


Bangs weren't part of the plan, I swear. Thou I secretly thought about it. 
Calvin asked if I want to get my fringe cut I was like okay, since I've already made up my mind about letting him to do whatever he thinks it's nice on me. Until I told Jo about it and she's like how short? Did you ask? He did told me this is how it would be, and I decided to get along with it. He's so nice he guided me on how to trim it myself when it gets long or I can always walk in anytime and he will help me to trim it, FOC. Anyhoo I think I'll pass that, bangs isn't really my thing.

Shorter hair, so much lighter.
and the world didn't end this time. 

xx, Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment