Pages

Sunday 16 February 2014

33\\ chinese new year 2014








Oh hey! I'm afraid I'm too late to wish everyone Happy Chinese New Year since it is already over, bet everyone is complaining how much weight they gained in the mere 15 days. Honestly, I used to hate Chinese New Year when I was younger (deducting the angpau part, that's probably the only thing I was looking forward to every year). We got to wake up early morning to go to the temple and wait for the rest of my relatives so we can visit my grandma together, no exception. Chinese New Year in Kuantan will be in scorching weather which makes you sweat like a pig in your new clothes, not what I would want to experience every year. 

However, I've been different now. I realised that Chinese New Year is the only time where everyone will take a break from the hectic life and those who's studying in the city will take the opportunity to come back to hometown and gather together. Not forgetting the table filled with snacks, such a heaven!

I brought my camera back with me this year, hence more photos were taken. As usual, the bunch came to my house the day before I come back to KL again. It is our tradition since we were 17. 5 years have passed but gathering together makes me feel like 17 all over again. Sadly, the tradition has to be broken next year since I will not be around. Took a few shots before everyone left, the childishness, the laughter and the jokes that never get old.


xx, Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment