Pages

Tuesday 29 July 2014

46\\ Birthday dinner @ Acme Bar & Coffee


Exam finished two weeks back and my holiday finally began! Did precisely nothing, I just have to pick a choice: to hang out or to stay at home. And then I realized there is something important that I haven't done, which is to blog my super grand birthday wtf. Joann came out with that title since she was there 4 days out of the 5 celebrations, she knows better.

This is how it happened. They (not so) secretly created a whatsapp group to discuss about my birthday plan. Unfortunately, I was too smart and found out about the whole thing and ended up I (sort of) planned my own birthday celebration myself. 

I choose the venue myself. Of course they gave me a few choices which is La Vien Rose and Acme Bar & Coffee which I picked the latter. Not to forget about the cake! I picked my own birthday cake. I told them I wanted a cake from +Wondermilk, the guys were at the shop buying my cake while I was getting myself ready for the dinner, which then, I told them to snap the photo of the cakes and let me choose the design. Yes, basically I planned my own birthday party. Although there weren't any elements of surprise, there is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved.

Venue: Acme Bar & Coffee
I always wanted to try their famous sizzling brownie, having a full course meal over was a bonus.

 Moroccan Pineapple Grilled Chicken Breast
Honestly, it was so long ago I dont remember how it tasted like. There was no complaint so let's assume that it was good. 

Grilled Marinated Lamb Shoulder
I can assure you that this is good, because it was mine! I'd say it was one of best among all the dishes we had that night. 

 
Sizzling Brownie & Oreo ice-cream
Insisted to order this and pavlova even though we have cake. Super sinful, super delicious. The pavlova on the other hand, doesnt even deserve to be posted on this blog. You know how bad it was. 

These were the food shots I got that night. There were 9 of us so we didnt get to take the photos of everyone's food but we did exchanged our food and I'd say the food were pretty decent. With reasonable price of the foods and the ambiance was fantastic, we had great night spending dinner over there. However, the service was such a let down, the waiter was utterly rude when he was taking our orders. Anyway, it doesnt affect the awesomeness of the night.

My present, my rainbow cake and Chong, the mastermind of this whole celebration. Thank you, thank you and thank you.

Joann,  the VIP of my so very super grand birthday celebration. You know I loveeey you!

 Once again, thank you guys for coming -- you guys made my night. I  understand how stressed up and busy we all were preparing our finals, I had a blast! 

xx, Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment